Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was pretty relaxing really but I found time to get some cleaning done in my stamp room that was MUCH needed. Besides, I had some new toys to put away so had to make room. I have a feeling I will be making a lot more room soon as I have far too much stuff again and am feeling a little overwhelmed by it all. Time to clean out! So, stay tuned to the 5inkyffingers Store for some new “used” items coming up for sale.
But, now let’s get on to the real reason you stopped by. *smiles*This week’s featured set is:
My first card is a soft and feminine sympathy card that uses multiple layers of white and pink.
I stamped the medium-sized swirl repeatedly on the face of my white card with Memento Angel Pink ink to create a background then adhered the card to a quarter-sheet panel of Pretty in Pink. Next I repeated the swirl once more on a small piece of white, circle die cut it and layered it with foam dimensionals on a lacy die cut scallop circle. I also stamped a small flower and leaf from Vintage Vogue, hand trimmed them and popped them up on another dimensional on the layered circle.
Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Certainly Celery (same as the leaves on the flower) on a narrow panel of white and layered that on a panel of Pretty in Pink. A medium-sized pearl for the flower center finishes it off.
In retrospect, I think this would have made an equally pretty wedding or anniversary card or even an Easter card.
For my second card, I chose brighter colors for a sunny and cheerful note card. My card base is a half sheet of Baja Breeze layered with four strips of DP from Fancy Pants Designs’ Park Bench collection. I chose 4 prints that worked well as a background and picked Sahara Sand for my ink.
The flower was stamped on a small panel of ivory then layered on yellow DP from the same collection and then again on Baja Breeze after I scallop punched the bottom edge. I stamped the flower a second and third time in Crushed Curry, hand trimmed them then glued them to the stamped panel one on top of the other. The petals of the top flower were curled up slightly for dimension and I added yellow Stickles for sparkle. I also added 3 small yellow brads along the bottom right edge of the panel and gave each one the Stickle treatment as well. Finally, the stamped piece was popped up on dimensionals and I finished the card off with a bow of Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon.
For my third card I went 3D and tried out a new Spellbinders Shapabilities set called Bitty Blossoms to create a lovely paper flower that, ultimately, stole the show. Of course this is one of those cards that you either pay a fortune to mail or hand it off personally. I usually suggest the latter!
My card is a half sheet of some really old Mauve Mist cs. If you only knew how much trouble I had landing on colors and a design to go with for this card. The cs color is a challenge in and of itself for me as it’s been retired forever, I haven’t got the ink to match any longer and lavendar/mauve generally aren’t in my wheelhouse. So, I struggled a bit with this on before I finally decided to pull out the Bitty Blossoms dies and distract myself for a bit. Call it a self-generated squirrel if you will. The result I think, was worth the little departure into flower making.
I started by choosing a DP that would coordinate with the Flowering Flourishes set but give me a neutral background to work with. I toyed with stamping directly on the DP but when I stumbled on this print from a My Minds Eye So Sophie Graceful 6×6 pack I decided it wasn’t necessary. The trick then was finding a neutral color to stamp my flourish on but since I have about 80-bazillion colors. (wish I was kidding) I found a nice soft Bazzill cream that worked well. On that I stamped the flourish with Handsome Hunter, oval die-cut it then layered it on a Mauve Mist scallop oval and adhered it directly to the DP panel I had chosen earlier. A bit of Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon made a lovely bow and then the piece was adhered to the card front.
The finishing touch is, of course, the rose. I used more DP from the same assortment and the largest of the 3 dies in the set to create the flower which was properly distressed, curled, and rumpled to become the lavender beauty that you see here. Seriously, these dies are fabulous to work with and so pretty when they are done. I can’t wait to try some more for packages and tags. So fun and pretty.
Well, that’s all I have for today, but I hope you enjoyed what I shared.